synaptic-devel

[Synaptic-devel] Port to FreeBSD (pkgCache)

From: Adam Retter
Subject: [Synaptic-devel] Port to FreeBSD (pkgCache)
Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2005 18:19:42 +0000

Hey,

Just looking at doing this port to FreeBSD, in the line (rpackage.cc) -

RPackage::RPackage(RPackageLister *lister, pkgDepCache *depcache, pkgRecords *records, pkgCache::PkgIterator &pkg) : _lister(lister), _records(records), _depcache(depcache), _notify(true), _boolFlags(0)

What is pkgCache::PkgIterator &pkg?

Im guessing this is an debian/apt specific thing? related to apt-pkg/pkgcache.h ?
If this is so, how am I going to get around this for FreeBSD?

Would my best bet be to empty all the functions in - rpackage, rpackagecache and rpackagelister and then re-write the guts of them for FreeBSD? Also what is the dependency structure - i.e. which one should i start with? im guessing rpackage? Do you have any additional developers documentation like UML diagrams or anything?

Thanks  Adam.