synaptic-devel

[Synaptic-devel] Kynaptic patch -- KDE integration

From: Bertrand Haut
Subject: [Synaptic-devel] Kynaptic patch -- KDE integration
Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2005 14:13:45 +0100

Hello,

I've have made some important modifications to kynaptic in order to make it
more integrated with the KDE. The modified files are in attachement (Sorry, I
still don't know how to make proper patches but I will learn).

For the user, the modifications are :

 - the use of the KDE standard icon for some actions (quit, undo, redo ...)
 - the use of some standard shortcut for some actions (CTRL+Q quit,CTRL+Z
undo,...)
 - the possibility for the user to specify his own shortcut
 - the size of the window is saved between two launches of the program
 - the layouts of some windows are corrected

The technical changes :
----------------------------------

 - the files rqmainwindow are split in two : rqmainwindow and
rqmainwindow_view
 - the main window derives from a KMainWindow.
 - the binding between the menu in the main window and the actions are made
using KAction.
 - the menus in the main window are described using a XML file kynapticui.rc

Note : in order to see the menus and the button in the main window, you need
to do a "make install" after having build the program.

What's next ? There is still some work to make it more KDE-like :
 - fill the "about kynaptic" and "report bug" window
 - fill the configure toolbar
 and most important : being able to see the description of the packages in the
main window. Maybe If you can tell me how I can access to this description, I
can look for it.

>> We're thinking about using it for a KDE Ubuntu.
>
>I will help you with it as my time permits. It's nice to see interesst
>in it :)
I had the same idea.

--
Bertrand Haut
pgpkey:885A 65D1 1B85 D8DB 6E07 DFAA B951 4013 C02E 33FA