synaptic-devel

[Synaptic-devel] Interface does not display accentuated characters

From: Jean-Michel POURE
Subject: [Synaptic-devel] Interface does not display accentuated characters
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2004 16:17:46 +0100

Dear all,

Under my Debian SID desktop, Synaptic interface does not display accentuated
characters. For example, French "é" is replaced with "e".

Under my Debian SID laptop, the accented characters display without problem.

Can anyone explain me where this difference comes from?
I have been looking for an explaination during hours and hours...

Cheers,
Jean-Michel