synaptic-devel

[Synaptic-devel] New release 0.48

From: Michael Vogt
Subject: [Synaptic-devel] New release 0.48
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2004 10:11:33 +0100

Dear Friends,

we finally released synaptic 0.48. It's another minor release that
fixes bugs and polishes rough corners. The biggest things in this
release are much better documentation (thanks Sebastian) and the fix
for a bug that prevented synaptic from reading packages from multiple
cds (thanks Gustavo).

Here are the other NEWS:
 - reworked the status code and put new icons in (thanks to Sebastian)
   (unfortunally this change will reset any local changes to the
    colors used in the package list. sorry for this inconvenience)
 - default gnome colors are used to indicate the package status
 - right-click popup-menu now also works with multiple selected
   packages
 - the fetch dialog is nicer now (thanks Sebastian)
 - Icon Legend dialog added
 - welcome dialog added
 - bugfixes
 - "Fix broken packages" works now as in apt-get (thanks Panu
   Matilainen)
 - multi-cd handling bug fixed (thanks to Gabor Kelemen and
   Vytautas Lukenskas for reporting)
 - translation updates

You can get it at the usual place at:
http://savannah.nongnu.org/download/synaptic/synaptic-0.48.tar.gz

Richard Bos reported problems with recent synaptic versions on suse
(thanks Richard). Any help with this problem is appreciated! So if you
have problems with synaptic on suse too, please report so that we can
find the source for this annoyance.

Cheers,
 Michael