synaptic-devel

[Synaptic-devel] 0.45pre7

From: Michael Vogt
Subject: [Synaptic-devel] 0.45pre7
Date: Sat, 11 Oct 2003 01:37:33 +0200

Hi,

it seems like this the longest pre-version releasing in the history of
synaptic. Let's hope I don't take it as far as Linus with his stable
pre kernels :)

Anyway I put 0.45pre7 on
http://people.debian.org/~mvo/synaptic/testing/synaptic-0.45pre7.tar.gz

It contains even more fixes for the "Available Versions"
support. There where quite a few subtle bugs hiding, because synaptic
did never supported downgrading packages so far. We now do :)

The main change between pre6 and pre7 is that we use radiobuttons
instead of normal buttons now. Guillaume and Sebastian convinced me :)

Beside this, all(?) problems reported should be fixed (thanks Sviatoslav
and Alwin).

If no problems show up, I will not make another pre-release. The only
thing I want to change is a better description for the "Advanced"
tab. I'm thinking of renaming it into "Expert"? And the text could be:
- "Available versions"
+ "Install specific version (use with care!)

What do you think?

bye,
 Michael