synaptic-devel

Re: [Synaptic-devel] Download window not showing proper UTF-8 code

From: Sviatoslav Sviridov
Subject: Re: [Synaptic-devel] Download window not showing proper UTF-8 code
Date: Mon, 20 Jan 2003 15:08:31 +0300

On Mon, 20 Jan 2003 14:01:59 +0100
Michael Vogt <address@hidden> wrote:

> On Mon, Jan 20, 2003 at 03:53:36PM +0800, Anthony Fok wrote:
> > Hello Michael,
> Hi,
>
> > Many thanks for your help!  Your fixes solve both problems!
>
> Great, thanks for testing it.
>
> > Attached is a tarball with the updated PO files.  :-)
>
> They are in cvs now. I think we should release 0.32 in the next few
> days. I think Sviatoslav applied a few rpm fixes today :) So, if noone
> finds new bugs, I will release Wednesday or Thursday.

Yes, patche applied to cvs now.
There still some bugs:

- when local package is newer, then in information window I can see
information only about installed package, but for available I see "N/A",
while in list I see version of available package.

- when local package is newer or does not exist in repository, then
description of rpm packages retreived in current locale. but to display
it in Description window it should be in UTF8. I tried to use iconv()
for convert strings - it works. (it seems that other way is to set
locale with UTF8 enconding before calling functions where package
information retreived from rpm packages, but it didn't work for me (may
be I did something wrong)).
When I complete patch - I'll send it here.
But I just want know is it needed only for rpm-based systems or for
debian too. Does .deb packages contains localised description?

--
Sviatoslav Sviridoff
// Lintec Project/Minsk // PIN AG/Berlin //