Re: [Swarm-Modelling] Problem with models

From: Paul Box
Subject: Re: [Swarm-Modelling] Problem with models
Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2005 23:58:13 +0930

Hi John

I'm not sure exactly what you're asking for here. Are you looking for a simulation where somebody specifically used the Lorenz equations, simulations that show evolving behavior, models of learning, or a trading model? There are many published models that have varying degrees of each of these in whatever combinations. Are you looking for a model in swarm that has any or all of these aspects?

The prisoners dilemma and other such models are the fundamental building blocks for modeling cognitive and social behavior, and a highly recommended place to start if you're interested in building off existing research.

To which theory are you asking about?