[Swarm-Modelling] Modelling time as a real number - Total Newbie

From: Vijay
Subject: [Swarm-Modelling] Modelling time as a real number - Total Newbie
Date: Thu, 8 Sep 2005 09:28:26 -0400 (EDT)

Hi,
   I am trying to implement dynamic scheduling for an agent based model as
follows. Whenever an event is executed the next interaction with the agent
involved in the current event is scheduled at a random time in the (simulated)
future which is picked from a continuous distribution. However I noticed that
the swarm schedule collection handles time as an unsigned long int. So is there
an easy way that an event based scheduling can be implemented within the swarm
framework where time increases as a real number?

Thanks a lot in advance.
Vijay