Re: [Swarm-Modelling] Re: Communication models

From: Vitorino RAMOS
Subject: Re: [Swarm-Modelling] Re: Communication models
Date: Fri, 24 Jun 2005 19:51:30 +0100

Darren, Parunak,

Thanks.
For more substantive info about Stigmergy please have a look on a special issue dedicated to the subject at ARTIFICIAL LIFE, MIT Press Journal, vol. 5, issue 2, Spring 1999 http://mitpress.mit.edu/catalog/item/default.asp?ttype=5&tid=616 . I also recommend the book "Swarm Intelligence" by Bonabeau and Dorigo.

For those looking on this type of indirect communication over dynamic environments, I also have a very recent work, here: http://alfa.ist.utl.pt/~cvrm/staff/vramos/ref_59.html and a related video http://alfa.ist.utl.pt/~cvrm/staff/vramos/ICANN05-movie.gif

The work is compared with work based on social foraging in Bacteria.

Best, vitorino

~ v. ramos, http://alfa.ist.utl.pt/~cvrm/staff/vramos, "Interactions among many sporuliferous and ubiquitous abstractions may lead to increasing reality", V. Ramos, 2001.