Swarm Modelling BIBLIO

From: Vitorino RAMOS
Subject: Swarm Modelling BIBLIO
Date: Fri, 24 Jan 2003 20:43:26 +0000

Hi Paul and SDG members. Many thanks to your work on the SDG-BIBLIO and well as the work done by Rick Riolo. Here are FOUR papers in the area, with URLS (PDF online papers), that migth be of interest:

Ramos, Vitorino; Merelo, Juan J. 2002, Self-Organized Stigmergic Document Maps: Environment as a Mechanism for Context Learning, in AEB´2002 - 1st Spanish Conference on Evolutionary and Bio-Inspired Algorithms, E. Alba, F. Herrera, J.J. Merelo et al. (Eds.), pp. 284-293, Centro Univ. de Mérida, Mérida, 6-8 Feb. 2002, Spain.

Ramos, Vitorino; Muge, Fernando; Pina, Pedro, 2002, Self-Organized Data and Image Retrieval as a Consequence of Inter-Dynamic Synergistic Relationships in Artificial Ant Colonies, in Javier Ruiz-del-Solar, Ajith Abraham and Mario Köppen (Eds.), Frontiers in Artificial Intelligence and Applications, Soft Computing Systems - Design, Management and Applications, 2nd Int. Conf. on Hybrid Intelligent Systems, IOS Press, Vol. 87, ISBN 1 5860 32976, pp. 500-509, Dec. 2002, Santiago, Chile.

Ramos, Vitorino, 2002, On the Implicit and on the Artificial - Morphogenesis and Emergent Aesthetics in Autonomous Collective Systems, in ARCHITOPIA Book / Catalogue, Art, Architecture and Science, J.L. Maubant and L. Moura (Eds.), pp. 25-57, Portuguese Science and Technology Ministery, Feb. 2002, Lisbon.

Ramos, Vitorino; Almeida, Filipe, 2000, Artificial Ant Colonies in Digital Image Habitats - A Mass Behaviour Effect Study on Pattern Recognition, Proceedings of ANTS'2000 - 2nd International Workshop on Ant Algorithms (From Ant Colonies to Artificial Ants), Marco Dorigo, Martin Middendorf & Thomas Stüzle (Eds.), pp. 113-116, 7-9 Sep. 2000, Brussels, Belgium. URL: http://alfa.ist.utl.pt/~cvrm/staff/vramos/ref_29.html

Thanks, Vitorino

~ v.ramos, http://alfa.ist.utl.pt/~cvrm/staff/vramos

[...] I do not really believe that we shall succeed in creating life
artificially; but after having reached the moon and landed
a spaceship or two on Mars, I realize that this disbelief of
mine means very little. But computers are totally different
from brains, whose function is not primarily to compute but to
guide and balance an organism and help it to stay alive. It is for
this reason that the first step of nature toward an intelligent mind
was the creation of life, and I think that should we artificially create
an intelligent mind, we would have to follow the same path. [...]

in, "Popper & Eccles",  Karl Popper, 1983.