Re: (no subject)

From: Rick Riolo
Subject: Re: (no subject)
Date: Tue, 22 Oct 2002 20:43:48 -0400 (EDT)

Let's see...

I'm sure Axelrod talks in those terms
(though probably not data set)
in his article on simulation (in this book, I think):
   Simulating Social Phenomena
   R. Conte, R. Hegselmann and P. Terna (eds).
   Springer-Verlag, 1997
They might talk about replication in their "Docking"
paper as well (by Axtell, Axelrod, etc)--- in CMOT
and as a SFI working paper.

I'm looking in Law and Kelton's classic text
Simulation Modeling and Analysis,
and replication has many entries listed in the index,
including one on p243
  ...to make independent replications of the model...
talking about doing a bunch of runs with different RNG seeds.
They seem to use "replication" to mean what I would
call a "run".    I speak of replicating the results
of some other person's model with my model.
I think everyone around here talks that way
(axelrod, holland, cohen, page, ...)

Actually, i'm not sure how you use it!

p106-109 in K&L is about Steps in a Simulation Study
and step 7 is "Design Experiments" by which they
mean design simulation experiments.

- r

--
Rick Riolo                           address@hidden
Center for Study of Complex Systems (CSCS)