SimCog: agent-based simulation survey

From: Maria das Graças Bruno Marietto
Subject: SimCog: agent-based simulation survey
Date: Sun, 13 Oct 2002 19:10:27 -0200

Dear swarm lists subscribers,

This is a survey in the context of the SimCog project. Please do
not forward this message, since we would like to keep it limited
to a specific audience.

Since we know that you are an active researcher in the field of
agent based simulation, we would like to invite you to participate
in the SimCog survey.

The SimCog project (Simulation of Cognitive Agents) is a research
project in the area of multi-agent based simulation.
The project broad goals are: (i) to propose a reference model for the
requirements specification of multi-agent-based platforms, promoting
the identification of shared requirements in the scientific community,
and addressing these requirements to the development of integrated projects;
(ii) to analyse existing methods and assess methodological and
epistemological questions in the intersection of agent-based simulation,
computer science and social/natural sciences; (iii) to inform the
specification and development of the SimCog platform.

As part of the SimCog project activities, we are currently defining
a reference model for the requirements specification of what could be
an ideal platform for agent-based simulation. In this phase we adopt two
independent activities: (i) we make a comparative analysis between
different platforms that are presently available in the research community;
(ii) we prospect and explore requirements with researchers in the field.

Therefore, we would like to invite you to participate in this survey at the
link below. We have developed an on-line questionnaire that will help us
to identify general methodological principles to develop agent-based
simulations, and advance the analysis and prospection of technical
operational and (mostly) high-level requirements for multi-agent simulation
platforms. The survey is directed to researchers who use multi-agent-based
simulation in various scientific fields, from social and natural sciences,
to mathematical, cognitive and computer science.
The questionnaire takes approximately 20 minutes to fill in.
The final results will be available at our site for those who participate
and you name will be untold. If you provide us with your email in the
questionnaire, the results will be sent to you as well.

To fill in the questionnaire, please go to the following site:
http://www.lti.pcs.usp.br/SimCog/Doc/M1_Questionnaire.html

We thank you for you co-operation,
best regards,
The SimCog team

Maria das Gracas Marietto address@hidden

Nuno David address@hidden

Jaime Simão Sichman
**********          Please update phone and fax numbers  *************
Jaime Simao SICHMAN
University of Sao Paulo, Computer Engineering Department
Av. Prof. Luciano Gualberto, tv. 3, 158
05508-900 Sao Paulo SP Brazil
voice: +55 11 30915397 fax: +55 11 30915294
address@hidden URL:www.pcs.usp.br/~jaime