Compare Swarm with Repast

From: Xiaodong Li
Subject: Compare Swarm with Repast
Date: Sun, 11 Aug 2002 19:04:26 +1000

Dear swarm modelers,

Just had a browse at Repast Web site... I am wondering if anyone has done some serious comparison between Swarm and Repast. It seems that Repast offers features almost just as good as Swarm, apart from its advantages of being built upon Java. Can anyone tell any pitfall before I consider to jump in the boat?

It seems to me that Repast lacks of good tutorials and application examples for beginners to follow... I cannot find anything like the simpleBug to ExperBug that kind of examples, which I think is very helpful in Swarm.

Comments are appreciated.

- Xiaodong

RMIT Uni. Melbourne, VIC, Australia