Re: Source Code

From: Alex Lancaster
Subject: Re: Source Code
Date: 26 Mar 2002 03:34:05 -0800

MS> Hi Does anyone have available the source code for the "market"
MS> application which compiles under Visual C++ 6.0?

Hmm, which "market" application are you referring to, is this the
simple "market" application that comes in the swarmapps package?  Or
do you mean the "artifical stockmarket" project at:

 http://artstkmkt.sourceforge.net/

No Swarm applications exist in C++ (using Visual C++ or otherwise),
because Swarm is written in Objective C.

Swarm applications can also be written in Java (as well as Objective
C) because we created a language stubber and other "interface glue"
that exposes the Objective C API to Java programmers through the Java
Native Interface (JNI).  No such "glue" exists for C++ [although you'd
be more than welcome to contribute one... ;-)]

Alex
--
  Alex Lancaster           |  e-mail: address@hidden
  Swarm Development Group  |     web: http://www.swarm.org