Simulation Patterns

From: Jason L. Asbahr
Subject: Simulation Patterns
Date: Fri, 7 Sep 2001 19:37:00 -0500

Folks,

I'm curious about software architecture and software patterns
in the domain of agent-based simulation.  Is there a survey
available of common approaches to simulation software design?

In particular, I'm interested in hearing about techniques of
coordinating multiple parallel or overlapping simulations,
where some aspects of the subject under simulation may be
partitioned among one or more simulation environments.

(Example: one simulation tracking the "logical" aspects
 of agents while another tracks the "physical" aspects of
 those agents...)

Thanks!

Jason Asbahr