address@hidden: New StarLogo -- now for PCs too]

From: Ralf Stephan
Subject: address@hidden: New StarLogo -- now for PCs too]
Date: Sat, 11 Mar 2000 17:30:52 +0100

Thought you might be interested. ralf

----- Forwarded message from Mitchel Resnick <address@hidden> -----

From: Mitchel Resnick <address@hidden>
Subject: New StarLogo -- now for PCs too

We don't send messages to the general StarLogo mailing list very often.
Just every few years, when we have something very important to
announce...like today.

Today, we are releasing a new version of StarLogo that is so important that
we've named it StarLogo 1.0. Our earlier version of StarLogo, which ran
only on Macintosh computers, has been renamed MacStarLogo. This new
version, implemented in Java, runs on all different types of computers.
Most notably, it is the first version of StarLogo to run on PCs.

StarLogo 1.0 is similar to MacStarLogo in many ways, but includes some
significant differences. For example, the new version has separate command
centers and procedure windows for turtles and observers; we expect that
this change will make StarLogo easier to learn and use. You can read more
about StarLogo 1.0 in the readme file and documentation that accompanies
the software.

We hope you'll give StarLogo 1.0 a try. You can download it from the
StarLogo Web site at http://www.media.mit.edu/starlogo

As you use StarLogo 1.0, let us know what you think. Please send
suggestions and bug reports to address@hidden -- or share your
ideas with the StarLogo community at address@hidden

We hope you enjoy the new software!

The StarLogo Development Team