Re: The Swarm space (was RePast (another agent toolkit) released)

From: SCHREIBER,DARREN MATTHEW
Subject: Re: The Swarm space (was RePast (another agent toolkit) released)
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2000 13:33:02 -0800 (PST)

As someone who invested a lot of time in learning Objective C & Swarm last
year, I thought I'd chime in.  I am very glad that the development team
has continued to keep the Objective C elements up to date while adding the
Java abilities in parallel.

While I am glad that more people will be enticed to use Swarm now that
they can get at it using Java (which obviously has a lot of cross
application), I know that this will somewhat obsolete my already mediocre
Swarm programming ability.  I have benefited tremendously from reading
other people's code and will be a bit disheartened as more and more Swarm
models are produced in a language I can't read yet.

Depending on where my own research takes me, I can imagine needing to
learn Java.  However, you can be assured that I will put this off as long
as I can.  And, since the new MacOS X will be using Objective C, perhaps
I'll just stay blissfully Java illiterate forever.

        Darren