Re: www.swarm.org is live! Please update your bookmarks.

From: Murat Yildizoglu
Subject: Re: www.swarm.org is live! Please update your bookmarks.
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2000 19:56:01 +0100

I have visited the new web site. Its organization is very clear and
handy. Nice job! Maybe just one remark: I have not seen any pointer
to the user guide. This would probably be nice for the newcomers
(like me) to discover it quite quickly in the learning process. I
have discovered it only by chance, visiting Paul's site. Maybe I am
blind and the link is sitting there...

> Welcome to www.swarm.org!
>
> Welcome to the new look Swarm website! The old Swarm webpages
> (www.santafe.edu/projects/swarm) at the Santa Fe Institute (SFI) are
> being retired, the new site brings a much needed overhaul to the Swarm
> presence on the net.
>
> >From herein "www.swarm.org" will be your one-stop site for all Swarm
> information, software, user community information and publications.
>
> Please change all your bookmarks and webpage links to point to:
>
>  http://www.swarm.org
>
> and *remove* all bookmarks and links to:
>
>  http://www.santafe.edu/projects/swarm
>
> To assist folks in the changeover and to make the the switch as
> painless as possible, most of the old SFI Swarm webpages have a link
> which will automatically take your browser to the relevant page on the
> new site.
>
> Note: This will *not* immediately affect the ftp site
>
>  ftp://ftp.santafe.edu/pub/swarm
>
> or the mailing lists, they will continue to operate as normal for the
> interim.
>
> The new ftp site (currently an alias to the SFI ftp server) is now
> active at:
>
>  ftp://ftp.swarm.org/pub/swarm
>
> Please send website feedback to <address@hidden>.  We hope you enjoy
> the new site.
>
> Regards,
>
>  --- Alex Lancaster for the Swarm Development Group
>
> PS.  You may still notice links back to old
> www.santafe.edu/projects/swarm hierarchy here and there, in the coming
> weeks and months these too, will be gradually moved to the new
> webserver.
>
> --
> Alex Lancaster * address@hidden * www.santafe.edu/~alex * 505
> 984-8800 x242 Santa Fe Institute (www.santafe.edu) & Swarm Development
> Group (www.swarm.org)
>

>                   ==================================
>    Swarm-Modelling is for discussion of Simulation and Modelling
>    techniques esp. using Swarm.  For list administration needs (esp.

Murat Yildizoglu
BETA-Theme
(UMR 7522 - CNRS)
PEGE