multi-agent concept in SWARM

From: Juhwan Jung
Subject: multi-agent concept in SWARM
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 1999 04:16:55 -0700

Hi folks!

I have been searching some materials that explains how an agent and
multi-agents environment are defined in SWARM.
As we know, there are a bunch of papers about multi-agent systems but
I am sure that SWARM is more 'concrete' one.

However, when I am about to decompose my target system into agents,
what kind of agent model should I use ? what kind of behavioral
characteristics
should the agent have? what is the structural hierarchy SWARM uses?

I understand SWARM is not for just one multi-agent system model but
I am still hoping it uses some kind of common concepts.

Can any one answer my question or just let me know the web site in which
I can get such info. ?

Thanks for your time.

J. Jung