Re: Considering a new project & wanting something for nothing

From: Kevin Crowston
Subject: Re: Considering a new project & wanting something for nothing
Date: Fri, 2 Jul 1999 08:42:09 +0200

Your project reminds me of a presentation I saw by Robert Axelrod. He was looking at the evolution of culture, and had pretty much the same model: a grid with actors in each cell; actors have a set of attributes with various values; actors interact with their neighbours and depending on how similar they are to their neighbours, after the interaction they might change one of their attributes to match. (So, similar, but not identical.)

I'm remembering this from a presentation a few years ago, so I don't have a citation, unfortunately, but it might be interesting for you.

Kevin Crowston
Syracuse University
School of Information Studies
4-206 Centre for Science and Technology