discrete control theory

From: Chris Landauer
Subject: discrete control theory
Date: Sat, 10 May 97 08:13:10 PDT

Glen asked about discrete control theory -

there are now a number of books about "hybrid" control theory,
which almost always means combinations of discrete and continuous control

there are some fairly solid definitions now and lots of theorems

probly the best source of information is a series of conference proceedings
published by Springer verlag, with titles like
        hybrid control
        automatic control of hybrid systems
and the like - my favorite part of that is a group that takes hybrid system
models with ODE's for continuous parts of the model and Prolog for discrete
parts (rules for majormode changes) and develops automatic control laws -
kinda slick methods

i don't have my references here, since i haven't worked in the area for a few
years

more later,
cal