summer-of-code

[gnu-soc] GNU in GSOC 2021 - First intructions and gathering ideas

From: Jose E. Marchesi
Subject: [gnu-soc] GNU in GSOC 2021 - First intructions and gathering ideas
Date: Wed, 10 Feb 2021 18:17:08 +0100

Hi people!

Once again we are applying as a mentoring organization for GSOC 2021
[1].

If accepted, your humble servant will serve as org admin this year, with
Giuseppe Scrivano and Darshit Shah helping as co-admins.

The application will be sent to Google before the deadline at 19th
February 2021.

So, at this point, we need to populate our ideas page [1].  Mentors,
maintainers and developers of GNU packages wishing to participate,
please send to this list a list of ideas we can add to our ideas page,
or a link to your own ideas page.

For each idea, please include:

- The GNU program it belongs to.
- A title.
- A short description of the project.

The more ideas we have for interesting projects, the more odds we will
have to be accepted in GSOC!

Please keep in mind that starting this year, the students will have less
time to work on the projects.  About 175 hours.  Please adjust the
complexity and duration of the suggested projects accordingly.

Thanks, and salud!

[1] http://summerofcode.withgoogle.com
[2] http://www.gnu.org/s/soc-projects/ideas.html