summer-of-code

Application submissions under the GNU umbrella

From: Christopher Allan Webber
Subject: Application submissions under the GNU umbrella
Date: Tue, 23 Apr 2013 17:30:23 -0500

Heya all,

So I'm happy that MediaGoblin is in under the GNU umbrella for GSoC!
However, it's not super clear to me how it works out for a few things
re: application submissions:

 - What should MediaGoblin mentors do?  Basically, get an account on
   Melange if they don't already and sign up as GNU mentors?  Is there
   any way I should be verifying who is and isn't a mentor?
 - How is voting on proposals for MediaGoblin going to work?  I assume
   MediaGoblin mentors are the only ones who really need to vote on
   MediaGoblin proposals; I've mentored GSoC before but never done this
   under an umbrella org.
 - Other things we should be doing?

Trying to shepherd things along appropriately, please let me know! :)
 - Chris