summer-of-code

Re: 2013 GNU Summer of Code?

From: Jose E. Marchesi
Subject: Re: 2013 GNU Summer of Code?
Date: Fri, 01 Mar 2013 11:08:16 +0100

    > Regarding GNU, as I said in one week we will upload this year's webpage
    > and then we will prepare GNU's application as an org.  The application
    > will be sent to goole (via melange) the 18th of March.  The webpage will
    > contain instructions on how to "apply" as a GNU package under the GNU
    > umbrella.

    FYI, I just asked Carol in #gsoc if we should apply individually, and
    she said yes. This makes sense, I guess, to show how many people we
    actually are in the GNU are.

Your project can of course apply separately.  It is a nice way to
maximize the odds of getting more slots.

If your GNU project does not get accepted as a gsoc org then you still
have the possiblity of participating under the GNU umbrella.  However,
note that in that case you will have to agree with the policies we will
be publishing in the following days.

--
Jose E. Marchesi         http://www.jemarch.net
GNU Project              http://www.gnu.org