summer-of-code

Re: Amazing app for GNU Radio

From: Jens Elsner
Subject: Re: Amazing app for GNU Radio
Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2012 09:09:33 +0200

Hi Jose:

>     as I said in a previous post we have 2 apps with a score of "5". If -
> as
>     in the case of the Hurd project - there is no problem with having 2
>     "amazing" applications, we'd like to see both go through. We have the
>     capacity, and I think with 26 spots there should be ample room.
>
> Sorry, but that would be unfair to other projects who declared just one
> "amazing" app.  GNU Hurd was the only project asking for two before the
> deadline.  So I am afraid you will have to choose which of the GNU Radio
> apps will use your "amazing" slot.

We needed some time to review all proposals. Anyhow, I don't see why that
deadline matters - all that matters are the assignment of the final slots
now.

Let's ask everybody: Are there any other projects that really would like
to see 2 "amazing" projects go through?

By the way: Hurd had 3 applications, GNU Radio had 8. That's about 10% of
all applications.

Best regards,
Jens

--
Karlsruhe Institute of Technology (KIT)
Communications Engineering Lab (CEL)

Jens Elsner, M.Sc.
Research Associate

Building 05.01
76128 Karlsruhe

Phone: +49 721 608-46273
Fax: +49 721 608-46071
Email: address@hidden
http://www.cel.kit.edu/team_elsner.php

KIT -- University of the State of Baden-Württemberg and National
Laboratory of the Helmholtz Association