summer-of-code

Re: GNU LilyPond and GSoC

From: Rodrigo Rodrigues da Silva
Subject: Re: GNU LilyPond and GSoC
Date: Fri, 24 Feb 2012 18:46:52 -0200

Hello Janek,

On Thu, 2012-02-23 at 00:57 +0100, Janek Warchoł wrote:
> Dear GNU Team,
>
> my name is Janek Warchoł and i'm a GNU LilyPond (www.lilypond.org)
> contributor.  We (LilyPond Team) want to participate in GSoC 2012, but
> we don't have legal body to accept $500 that goes to the mentoring
> organization.  Judging by
> http://www.gnu.org/software/soc-projects/ideas-2011.html,
> Free Software Foundation could help us with this, but i'm not sure how
> it would work.  Would FSF be our mentoring organization (managing all
> contact with Google, list us in the application to the project etc)?
> What will happen to $500?  We'd like to give it to the mentor.

For projects participating in GSoC under the GNU umbrella, FSF is the
legal body behind the process.

AFAIK, according to the terms of the program, it is up to the
organization (GNU in our case) to decide where the mentor payment goes
to.

Currently the money goes to FSF, but I assume we can discuss that.

--
Rodrigo Rodrigues da Silva

http://garoa.net.br
http://gnu.org