summer-of-code

Re: Summer of Code 2009: Emacs project suggestion

From: Karl Berry
Subject: Re: Summer of Code 2009: Emacs project suggestion
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2009 17:22:25 -0600

Hi Nick,

    It's probably early days

Yep.

    but, assuming GNU will participate in Google's Summer of Code 2009,

We plan to apply.  Whether Google approves us again, well, we'll all see.

    I would like to suggect the project below for Emacs.
    I have contacted the Emacs maintainers on address@hidden and they
    are agreeable to the idea.  I am willing to act as project mentor.

Thanks.  Sounds fine to me to add it.  Rocky, fine to add your project
too.  (I dunno how to resolve the differences, I'm afraid ...)

Micah or James, I wonder if either of you would like to update the soc
web pages for present 2009 status?  (In short, as above: plan to apply,
don't know if we'll be approved, accepting ideas.)

Thanks,
karl