summer-of-code

Re: one more slot

From: Thomas Lord
Subject: Re: one more slot
Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2008 14:47:18 -0700

Micah Cowan wrote:
Thomas Lord wrote:

Micah Cowan wrote:

Another possibility would be to give the slot back, since we weren't
expecting it would lead to extras. We could surely use it, but OTOH it
might be a worthwhile "investment", in that it could result in future
favorable treatment. :)

Because there isn't nearly enough quid pro quo in GSoC yet?

I didn't say that we should then _expect_ favorable treatment. Only that
it might result in such.

That's how such things work when the rules of the game are intrinsically corrupting (even if the players are good people, trying not to be).  Otherwise there would be contracts:  open trade.

But, let's curtail.  Sorry.  I distract the business at hand.

-t