summer-of-code

GSoC 2008: Project Proposal - Common Application Installer

From: Ibraheem P
Subject: GSoC 2008: Project Proposal - Common Application Installer
Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2008 12:51:50 +0530

Dear Sir,

   I'm Ibraheem from India, a Computer Science and Engineering student.I would like to participate in GSoC 2008. I've an idea about developing a software called 'Common Application Installer' for Linux which facilitate installation of packages in various formats in almost all Linux distributions. It includes the installation of Linux Standard Base (LSB), RPM, DEB, Solaris (PKG) , Stampede (SLP), Slackware ( TGZ ) etc and also facilitate installation from source packages (./configure, make, make install). It can develop with a GUI to make easy installation of packages for the user. I am proficient in C, C++,Java, Qt Designer, Gtk+ etc.

Hope your reply soon.

--
Regards
Ibraheem