summer-of-code

idea for gos08

From: RAKESH M
Subject: idea for gos08
Date: Fri, 21 Mar 2008 06:44:05 -0700 (PDT)

    hello everyone this is M.Rakesh .

i have an idea for GNU .

the name is beautiful tux and the thing is automation.

the basic idea is this every one who is a new comer whenever told about linux the first thing they get in their mind are commands also experienced users also feel bored of hitting same old commands everytime .

to complete a command usually we press a tab key thats ok till some extent

what my idea is that i plan for gui in which we have commands for different system utilities

so whenever a user enters the system utility let us say removing a file or directory we will present him with all of the options without man pages

so it would look like this

@rm -r  path for the file
@rm path of the file
@rmdir path of the directory

and then  we when  ever he clicks on that he will be asked for root password and tha pathname

in this way every thing can be simplified for the new users

i would love to receive an reply stating about my project proposal

iam an undergraduate from jntu university , andrapradesh india

with regards
rakesh