stumpwm-devel

Re: (define-remapped-keys) With Multiple Key Sequences

From: Ram Krishnan
Subject: Re: (define-remapped-keys) With Multiple Key Sequences
Date: Sun, 06 Dec 2020 20:03:21 -0800

Brandon Hale <bthaleproductions@gmail.com> writes:

> Hello all,
>
> I have just started playing with (define-remapped-keys) and was
> wondering if there is a way to get multiple keys sequences in a
> program to do one thing. Basically I want to do something like this:
>

> (define-remapped-keys
>
>     '(("(firefox|Chrome)"

> I envision that me pressing C-x, then C-h, will allow firefox to do
> the C-a key binding. Is there a way to do this and I just don't know
> the syntax, or is this impossible?

This isn't currently supported in the remap-keys feature. It shouldn't be too
hard to implement, but does require something similar to the keymap handling
behavior to be added. Unfortunately, I don't think the existing keymap handling
could be directly applied as remap-keys is more of a translation of one key
sequence to another - but, maybe there's a clever way to reuse the existing
code.