stumpwm-devel

Re: [STUMP] Unable to load a TTF font in StumpWM

From: Paul Lathrop
Subject: Re: [STUMP] Unable to load a TTF font in StumpWM
Date: Thu, 2 May 2019 16:51:47 -0400

Hi Christopher,

I found this hard to get working myself! Here's the relevant code from my config:

;; Set the font. Note that since I'm using a TTF font, I need to first
;; load the ttf-fonts module, then (and this was hard to figure out!)
;; I need to call xft:cache-fonts or xft is unable to locate the
;; Monoid font.
(load-stump-contrib-module "util/ttf-fonts")
(xft:cache-fonts)

(defparameter *font*
  (make-instance 'xft:font :family "Monoid" :subfamily "Retina" :size 12)
  "Font specification for stumpwm windows.")

(set-font *font*)

Hope that helps!

Paul Lathrop (he/him, they/them)
Software Architect