streamtuner-misc

xmms and xiph and live365

From: Douglas Hitchcock
Subject: xmms and xiph and live365
Date: Wed, 6 Oct 2004 14:51:31 -0500

I've been fiddling with this for some time now trying to understand...

I use XMMS for my streamer, xmms %q on both streams and m3us...  now
from my observation, when I double click on a shoutcast stream, it
downloads the pls and makes it into an m3u file in the /tmp directory,
and then gives that file to xmms.  But it appears not to do the same
for Xiph and Live365,  I'm assuming those cases it's just giving the
url straight to xmms http://whatever, which doesn't work, which also
annoys me about XMMS, but I digress.

So my questions are, why do they act differently?  How can I get xiph
and live365 to go into xmms properly?  If I can't, what else can I
use?  I tried rhythmbox, which worked for the Xiph fine, and the
Live365 started to buffer but then it choked on the MP3Pro.  I really
don't care for  rhythmbox anyway, I like streamtuner + xmms :-/

FC2
streamtuner-0.12.5-1
streamtuner-live365-0.3.4-1
streamtuner-xiph-0.1.0-1