streamtuner-misc

Installing streamtuner on SuSE 9.0

From: Bernhard Bauer
Subject: Installing streamtuner on SuSE 9.0
Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2003 20:43:52 +0100

Hi there,

I'm trying to get Streamtuner installed on a SuSE 9.0 and encounter a problem
when running ./configure.
The process stops on trying to determine where GLIB is installed and produces
the following message:

<error-message>
checking for GLIB - version >= 2.0.0... no
*** Could not run GLIB test program, checking why...
*** The test program failed to compile or link. See the file config.log for
the
*** exact error that occured. This usually means GLIB is incorrectly
installed.
configure: error: unable to find the GLib library
</error-message>

I wonder what configure is looking for at this special point. GLIB is
installed (in a /opt/gnome subdir) and I already tried to link different
locations using the --includedir flag.
What library should I be looking for to find the correct location?
It would be great if you could help me out, 'cause looking in various groups
and on the internet (maybe I'm only being stupid and asking the wron
questions?) did not produce any answers.

Thanks in advance (and thanks for a great tool, I already use it at work!)

Bernhard Bauer