streamtuner-misc

Re: Compiling plugins on mdk 9.1

From: Tarax
Subject: Re: Compiling plugins on mdk 9.1
Date: Tue, 27 May 2003 12:04:56 +0200

On Monday 26 May 2003 19:15, Jean-Yves Lefort wrote:
> On Mon, May 26, 2003 at 02:43:07PM +0200, Tarax wrote:
> > Can't manage to build the plugins on my Mandrake 9.1 :'( I've both normal
> > & devel packages installed. Streamtuner version is 0.9.1.
> > Tried with live 365 src.rpm & tar.gz
> > Tried with local tar.gz
> > Tried with python tar.gz
> >
> > All end with:
> > checking for streamtuner >= 0.9.0... no
> > configure: error: unable to find streamtuner
>
> The Mandrake package probably installed the streamtuner.pc file in the
> wrong location. Here's how to fix that:
>
> 1) Locate the file
>
>       $ rpm -ql streamtuner | grep streamtuner\\.pc
>       /usr/lib/pkgconfig/streamtuner.pc
>       $
>
> 2) Find out its correct location
>
>       $ dirname `locate glib-2.0.pc`
>       /usr/X11R6/lib/pkgconfig
>       $
>
> 3) As root, move the file:
>
>       # mv /usr/lib/pkgconfig/streamtuner.pc /usr/X11R6/lib/pkgconfig
>       #
>
> You should now be able to build the plugins.

I'AM !!! :)))
Actually, I had few dependencies lacking :P I missed libglib2 (which installs
glib-2.0.pc in /usr/lib/pkgconfig so I didn't even had to move the file as u
told me :)
live365, local & python plugins are all running now :)))
Will see if I can make clean rpms for Mdk, but I'm really overloaded this
times...
Finally, just a little remark: couldn't the STREAMTUNER_LOCAL_ROOT E.V. be set
through a dialog in preferences (default being set to user home dir) ? Would
be so much easier for newbies ;)

Thanks again for this great software, can't imagine my desktop without it
anymore :)

Best regards

Tarax

--
Future Is Free, Fight Against Bill & Friends
Linux User # 274160