sshproxy-dev

Re: [sshproxy-dev] Re: SSHproxy - 'Incompatible ssh peer' error

From: David Guerizec
Subject: Re: [sshproxy-dev] Re: SSHproxy - 'Incompatible ssh peer' error
Date: Mon, 25 Jul 2005 23:56:51 +0200 (CEST)

Hi Kalina,

> Do you have any other ideas?

Well, other than what I said, not really, but I was able to reproduce the
error on a clean machine where I just installed paramiko and sshproxy.

I think I fixed it, and I commited a patch in CVS. Can you retry with the
latest version of the CVS ?

BTW, from your last mail you seem to misunderstand the syntax of SSH. The
-P parameter is to specify the proxy on which you want to connect to reach
the remote host. So:

$ ./SSH -P address@hidden address@hidden

where login is taken from login.uid in the database, sshproxy is the name
or the IP of the proxy, user is taken from user.uid, and site is taken
from site.name.

site.name is not necessarily a real name, just a symbolic name. Moreover,
it can contain characters not allowed in DNS like '_'.

Have a good night.

David