Re: 0.11.0 rc3 beta release!

From: Didier Spaier
Subject: Re: 0.11.0 rc3 beta release!
Date: Tue, 2 Nov 2021 14:46:55 +0100

Hi,

Le 19/10/2021 à 01:11, Didier Spaier a écrit :
Are the installed mbrola voices now expected to  be available in Orca
preferences when selecting espeak-ng? I ask because I have mb-fr1 and mb-fr2
installed and can select them only if I select espeak-ng-mbrola-generic

Also, is it better to build espeak-ng pulled from git master to test?
Installed: git2b77dd27.

I have rebuilt espeak-ng and speech-dispatcher from git master today.
espeak-ng: git9dba972b
speech-dispatcher: gitfc6983b1

I now can select mb-fr1 and mb-fr2 with espeak-ng as with
espeak-ng-mbrola-generic, thanks!

Still for now I prefer not to remove espeak-ng-mbrola-generic as I find no way
to get rid of the Klatt variants which sreve no purpose IMO and clutter the
Person drop down list in the Orca preferences GUI (compiling espeak-ng
"--with-katt=no --withspeech-player=no" the klatt variants are still built).

I will request Slint users to test these packages but I didn't find any issue
wrt the current state of speech-dispatcher.

Didier