Failed to connect to Speech Dispatcher in a simple client

From: Cameron Wong
Subject: Failed to connect to Speech Dispatcher in a simple client
Date: Wed, 15 Apr 2020 17:18:08 +0800

Dear developers,

I have trouble writing a simple client. Could anyone help me? Here is the source code:

#include <libspeechd.h>

int main() {
  char *error;
  SPDConnection *conn = spd_open2("IBusSpeech", "main",
    NULL, SPD_MODE_THREADED, NULL, 1, &error);
  if (conn == NULL) {
    fprintf(stderr, "Failed to connect to Speech Dispatcher:\n%s\n", error);
    return 1;
  }

  spd_say(conn, SPD_TEXT, "spd say success");
  return 0;
}

Here is the build command is run output:
$ gcc -I/usr/include/speech-dispatcher -lspeechd -o test_speechd.o -c test_speechd.c
$ libtool --mode=link gcc -lspeechd test_speechd.o -o test_speechd

$ ./test_speechd
(process:76943): GLib-DEBUG: 16:41:21.054: posix_spawn avoided (fd close requested)
Failed to connect to Speech Dispatcher:
Error: Can't connect to unix socket /run/user/1000/speech-dispatcher/speechd.sock: Connection refused. Autospawn: Autospawn failed. Speech Dispatcher refused to start with error code, stating this as a reason:

$ speech-dispatcher -v
speech-dispatcher 0.10.0-rc2

Some years before, I have written a client (for speechd version 0.7.1). I remember that speech-dispatcher need to launch a server process before I run the client. But I find that spd-say now seems spawn speech-dispatcher server process automatically. My client seems fail to spawn the server process. Does anyone know what the problem is?

Thanks in advanced!

Cameron Wong