Re: [Speechd] Problem with module_stop function

From: Samuel Thibault
Subject: Re: [Speechd] Problem with module_stop function
Date: Sat, 27 Apr 2019 18:53:17 +0200

Hello,

payman shaykhmehdi, le mar. 16 avril 2019 13:29:26 +0430, a ecrit:
> My guess is that this is related on how I generate stop/end events but I can
> not find the problem.

I'd say it is related to the threading approach being used. Remember the
mentra: "I have a problem, let's use a thread to fix it. Oh, now I have
ten problems" :)

I don't see any reason to create a thread only for module_stop to wake
it up: just make module_stop do the stopping. And the stopping shouldn't
just blindly abort everything. It should rather just notify all your
threads that the game is over, making e.g. pactos_queue_pop return NULL
so threads know they don't have anything to do any more, and just exit
after cleaning their stuff.

Samuel