Re: [Speechd] How to use speech synthesis in Hebrew ?

From: Didier Spaier
Subject: Re: [Speechd] How to use speech synthesis in Hebrew ?
Date: Fri, 1 Mar 2019 12:15:12 +0100

Hello Alex

although there be two Hebrew mbrola voices, they can used neither
through espeak-ng directly, nor using the espeak-ng-mbrola-generic
speech-dispatcher module, as shown by the output of these commands,
that do not least any Hebrew voice:
espeak-ng --voices=mb
spd-say -o espeak-ng-mbrola-generic -L

So you'd have either to find a synthesizer with a Hebrew voice that
works with speech-dispatcher or write non-generic speech-dispatcher
module for mbrola.

Good luck,

Didier