Limit modules on the Orca preferences list (maybe the same on spd-say)

From: Alex ARNAUD
Subject: Limit modules on the Orca preferences list (maybe the same on spd-say)
Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2018 11:06:39 +0100

Hello all,

Could it be possible to limit the output module to what the user really
want?

For example, there is a dummy module that could break the user
configuration if it is activated because if it rely only on TTS, it
wouldn't be able to switch back to espeak or espeak-ng.

It would be better to display or load dummy module only if it is needed
(for example if it's the only one available).

How can we drop or disable the generic module from the list? Even me, I
don't know what generic module is intended to do. On my machine, it
launch Espeak or Espeak NG but do we really need to have a generic
module to load Espeak or Espeak NG whereas there is already a module for
that?

Thanks in advance.

Best regards,
Alex.