Bug in espeak-generic.conf + proposal to select espeak-ng voices includi

From: Samuel Thibault
Subject: Bug in espeak-generic.conf + proposal to select espeak-ng voices including variants
Date: Fri, 23 Nov 2018 11:30:03 +0100

Hello,

Didier Spaier, le ven. 23 nov. 2018 11:20:08 +0100, a ecrit:
> In espeak-generic.conf, line #31 instead of:
> GenericPunctNone ""
> please write
> GenericPunctNone " "
> else the module fails

I believe this is fixed in RC2?

(the problem is with option parsing, which was broken in the case of
empty options, so not only in espeak-generic, but potentially all
modules).

> Also, I have a proposal to allow sending a subset of espeak+variants
> voice list in order to speed up its display by Orca.

You mean, when you actually enable variants, which is not currently the
default?

> If you agree I could try to do that quickly, so it can be included in
> 0.9 as a workaround until we have a real solution for handling the
> variants.

I have to say I really don't like this workaround, compared to the
benefits it brings. I don't think we should spend time on something that
we will scratch after 0.9. Better take the time to release 0.9 and be
able to concentrate on the proper way (which we can already work on in a
separate branch, actually).

Samuel