cicero

From: Didier Spaier
Subject: cicero
Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2018 16:08:03 +0100

Hello,

I have packaged and installed cicero for Slint.

As I have snd_dev = '/dev/dsp' in /usr/share/cicero/config.py, after
modrobe snd-pcm-oss typing cicero starts the daemon and I hear the greeting.

However if pulse audio is active I get this error:

File "/usr/share/cicero/sndoutput.py", line 133, in _open
   raise BaseException('Sound device is busy')
In /etc/pulse.default.pa I have set:
load-module module-alsa-sink device=dmix
load-module module-alsa-source device=dsnoop

I want to provide cicero as an module for speech-dispatcher. Maybe my question
is OT, as in this case the sound output is done by cicero itself, but still:

What could I do to avoid this conflict?

I build spd with alsa and libao as well as pulse, but with pulse as default for
now. Would a switch to alsa help?
Best,

Didier