Speech Dispatcher 0.8.1

From: Luke Yelavich
Subject: Speech Dispatcher 0.8.1
Date: Thu, 29 May 2014 12:23:23 +0200

Hi folks,
There has been many a bugfix since 0.8, which was released well over a year
ago. I think its time that a bugfix release was made, which will be 0.8.1.
However there are still some known bugs that should be fixed first before
releasing.

For starters, there are some bugs on the speech-dispatcher bug tracker that
need to be fixed, as they either break functionality of other software, or may
cause a client application to crash. The speech-dispatcher bug tracker can be
found at [1].

If you know of any other important bugs that you feel should be addressed,
please consider filing them on the bug tracker, or posting to the list. Longer
term, I would like to use the bug tracker more heavily, but for now, since I am
not yet set up with access to change bug status etc, the mailing list is fine.

If you are able to help fix any of the bugs posted to the list, or on the
tracker, please feel free to submit patches to the mailing list, and they will
be reviewed in due course. I plan to release a test build of speech-dispatcher
0.8.1 in mid June, which gives us some time to address the bugs in question.
Pushing the test release back will be considered if any other critical bugs
arrise in the mean time.

Why a test release? There are some functionality changes in speech-dispatcher
git, particularly for the ibmtts driver, which could do with some wider
testing. There is also a change to the libao audio output driver that although
a bugfix, could do with some wider testing, given that different distros may
have different versions of libao, or may build it differently.

Luke

[1] https://its.freebsoft.org/its/issues/project/1876