Module for MARY TTS

From: Luke Yelavich
Subject: Module for MARY TTS
Date: Mon, 4 Mar 2013 09:04:57 +1100

On Fri, Mar 01, 2013 at 11:43:23PM EST, Cameron Wong wrote:
> Hello,
>
> MARY is an open-source, multilingual Text-to-Speech Synthesis platform
> written in Java.
> http://mary.dfki.de/
>
> Does anyone know whether there is a speech dispatcher module for MARY?

Not that I know of.

> If not, I am going to write one. I plan to write a speechd module as a C++
> client to connect to MARY's Java TTS server.
>
> Any suggestion or comments are appreciate!

My only query is why C++? Speech-dispatcher and its speech drivers are
currently all in C, so for consistency, keeping everything in the same language
would be nice. Don't let me stop you using your preferred programming language
however. As long as it adhears to the correct protocol for speech drivers
communciating with speech-dispatcher and is an executable, thats all that
matters.

There is helper code in the speech-dispatcher module source that does a bit of
convenience work for all other module code.

Luke