speechd-el/speech-dispatcher punctuation mode

From: Milan Zamazal
Subject: speechd-el/speech-dispatcher punctuation mode
Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2012 22:39:23 +0200

    PL> So my question is: Are there not too many block levels in
    PL> speechd-el or restricting commands to be allowed to be send
    PL> inside block in speech-dispatcher is maybe abusive?

I don't think so.  E.g. when speechd-el is ordered to read a paragraph
it makes sense to send it as a single block of messages instead of a
sequence of independent messages split on face changes and other points.

    PL> For the latter I wonder why it is allowed to set the pitch and
    PL> other parameters like that and not punctuation mode and cap
    PL> recognition.

I wonder about it as well.  Especially as it is possible to change voice
and language inside a block I can't see the reason why changing
punctuation mode couldn't be possible.  Any explanation from Speech
Dispatcher developers?