speech-dispatcher speech slowing down from time to time

From: Michael Whapples
Subject: speech-dispatcher speech slowing down from time to time
Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2011 16:35:11 +0100

Hello,
The one thing with generic modules is that they are much less integrated with
speech-dispatcher, they handle their own audio output, speech-dispatcher calls
them using a command line, etc.

Yes I agree it seems to be somewhere between orca, speech-dispatcher and
espeak. Orca seems to be able to reset the speed, so its certainly not a one
way move that happens. The problem at the moment seems to be track down where
the problem may lie. As I said I cannot try speech-dispatcher with different
clients and/or output modules, so it would be useful to hear from others (even
if it is to say, problem exists with orca but other clients I use are
unaffected) then it helps track it down to orca with speech-dispatcher.

Michael Whapples