pico segfaults again because of statusmessage from line 442

From: Halim Sahin
Subject: pico segfaults again because of statusmessage from line 442
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 2010 01:17:06 +0100

Hi Andrei,

I played a bit with gdb and found out that the pointer of status_info
isn't accessible when I use -O2.
I set a breakpoint and run the module_init function step by step :-).

When I do same steps with optimizations turned off I can use
print *status_info and get somethinng like
$2 0x0

Here is the output when I use standard CFLAGS -O2
442             *status_info = strdup(MODULE_NAME ": Initialized
successfully.")
;
(gdb) print *status_info
Cannot access memory at address 0x7fff00000000

BTW.: I saw no other use of statusinfo in that funktion until line 442.
So It might crash earlier when trying to use it.
So maybe the error is elsewere not in pico?
Are you using different  cflags for building pico than eg. espeak?

BR.
Halim