rfc: handling translations for i18n support

From: Tomas Cerha
Subject: rfc: handling translations for i18n support
Date: Sat, 28 Aug 2010 10:09:15 +0200

Hi Halim and all,

Halim Sahin wrote:
> I my opinion code-patches shouldn't contain any Translations included.
> The language specific po files should be posted to the list as seperate
> e-mails.

Yes, definitely.

It would be great if someone wanted to start writing a document with these
rules.  Maybe
we might also include it in the general rules that are currently at
http://www.freebsoft.org/cooperation.  These rules should also be updated with
the
things we recently agreed on, such as the review process etc.  I'm just
thinking where
to put this document for easy access.  I think it would deserve to be in git,
but as we
wanted to be a general Free(b)soft document not exactly specific to Speech
Dispatcher
project, I'd rather avoid having it in SD git (otherwise it would quite
naturally fit
into the SD documentation).  Ideas welcome...

Also, regarding the internationalization, I think we are going to be an
official Gnome
dependency quite soon and this would bring us the advantage of being translated
in the
process of Gnome translations so our rules for this should be compatible with
Gnome's rules.

Best regards, Tomas