RFC: #2 Separating audio output system for session integration

From: Trevor Saunders
Subject: RFC: #2 Separating audio output system for session integration
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 2010 13:38:33 -0400

Hi,

In principal this seems fine to me.
I've been thinking about adding a socket / file audio plugin which could allow
this sort of arrangement along with supporting audio retrieval.
The one part I'm not sure how to deal with is security, the simplest thing to
do is make the socket 660 and owned by say speechd:speechd and all users who
want to use audio retrieval need to be in speechd this seems suboptimal however.

Trev